Aquaponics: FREE Webinar & Upcoming Training at the Grange
Wether you are a beginner, a backyard hobbyist, a homesteader, or a skilled professional wanting to grow more food sustainably and for less work, Aquaponics has something to offer.
Aquaponics combines Aquaculture and Hydroponics to create a more self-sufficient, closed-loop system that uses only a fraction of the water, labor, energy, etc. that other methods use, while producing up to 10 times as much food!
You are invited to join us for a FREE Webinar or upcoming trainingon Closed-Loop Aquaponics to learn more about one of the most sustainable and productive farming systems in the world.
Free Webinar: Introduction to Aquaponics With Applied Permaculture
Wed, May 2, 6:00 – 7:30 pm PST
Hosts & Presenters: Hannah Apricot & Max Meyers
More Information & to Register Click Here.
We are happy to be offering another upcoming training: Closed-Loop Aqauponics With Applied Permaculture, happening May 28 – 28 at the Santa Cruz Grange!
We are offering special discounts to this upcoming course for PDC Course Grads, Grange Members, & College Students – making it the lowest priced and most affordable training of this kind ever offered.
At a time of global climate change, depletion of resources, pollution of water, and huge losses of top soil worldwide, there has never been a more important time to learn about Aquaponics.
Together on Earth,
-The Living Mandala Team
Free Webinar: Introduction to Aquaponics With Applied Permaculture
When: Wed, May 2, 6:00 pm PST
Learn more about Aquaponics in this hour-long webinar hosted by Hannah Apricot and featuring Max Meyers – experienced permaculture designer and aquaponics system specialist.
Max Meyers brings over a decade of practicing and teaching Permaculture into his experience with Aquaponics. Combining Permaculture Design with Aquaponics creates an even more sustainable, dynamic, productive & regenerative system. This approach focuses on closing-loops and integrating sustainable solutions for each of the system’s needs (water, energy, fish, feed, heat, gas, etc.) to be generated on site.
This hour long webinar will introduce the foundational concepts of Aquaponics including:
* Aquaponics Basics: How it Works
* System Types, Designs & Variations
* Aquaponics Case Studies
* Aquaponics With Applied Permaculture Design
* And More
Join Max, Hannah, and others interested in this powerful farming method for this FREE webinar to learn more about this amazing approach to food generation, green business and sustainable design.
With Applied Permaculture Design:
Backyard, Family & Commercial Systems
May 25 – 28, 2012
Santa Cruz Grange, Santa Cruz, CA
Whether you are a beginner, a backyard hobbyist, a homesteader or a skilled professional wanting to start a career in Aquaponics this course has something to offer. This course is intended to provide people with the best all inclusive training, hands-on experience and cutting edge methods of Permaculture based Aquaponics available applicable to any climate. Wether you want to grow food for you and your family, a small business or a fully commercial operation this course will be sure to give you the tools and information you will need to be successful in what ever Aquaponic endeavor you are interested in. To make this information more accessible, we are happy to be offering this training for options less than $500 for the entire course – making it the lowest priced and most affordable training of this kind ever offered. At a time of global climate change, depletion of resources, pollution of water and huge losses of top soil worldwide, there has never been a more important time to learn about Aquaponics.
Aquaponics is one of the most sustainable and productive farming systems in the world. It combines Aquaculture and Hydroponics to create more self-sufficient, closed-loop, systems that use only a fraction of the water, labor, energy, etc. that other methods use. Combining Permaculture Design with Aquaponics creates an even more sustainable, dynamic, productive & regenerative system. In this intensive training you will learn some of the most cutting edge pioneering aquaponics systems and gain a solid foundation from which to create your own Aquaponics System, Farm & thriving Green Business appropriate to your climate, ecology, dreams, & desires.
- A detailed Aquaponics Course manual covering all aspects of Aquaponics including:
- Day-to-day operation of the system
- Design checklist
- Field tested formulas, calculations, estimates and guidelines.
- Complete designs, plans and materials lists.
- And much more in this nearly 100 page manuel.
NorCal Aquaponics Systems step-by-step construction manual with variations and site specific applications intended to make it easy for anyone to build an Aquaponics system. A set of detailed construction plans, including site plans, and piping schematics. Hands-On Tour of a model backyard aquaponics system.
* This training will include all of the above as well as a design element focus on how to design a system specific to your individual climate, ecology, dreams, and desires – wether it is for a small personal system or a more large scale commercial system. Our intention is to give you to give and empower you with all the most cutting-edge information we have in this promising new Green Career of the Future, and Technology of the Ancient Past.
- Aquaponics uses up to 90% less water than conventional farming does
- Aquaponics is energy efficient: It requires up to 1/3 of the energy other farming systems use.
- Aquaponics can have up to 8 to 10 times more vegetable production in the same amount of time and area than conventional gardens or farms.
- Labor can be reduced as much as 40%, while useful byproducts are created that can be used to farm other crops, trees, soil, water, and energy.
- A permaculture inspired system produces all of the systems needs (water, energy, fish feed, heat, etc.) on-site
- Site Details – Santa Cruz Grange
- We are thrilled to be hosting this training at the Santa Cruz Grange located at 1900 17th Avenue Santa Cruz, CA. The mission of the Green Grange is to be a hub for advocacy and activism on behalf of small family farmers, organic farming, sustainability, and local resilience
Most Affordable Training of It’s Kind Offered!
To make this information more accessible and to support our commitment to further empower local sustainability efforts with our greater community, partners in Santa Cruz, and the world at large – we are happy to be offering this training for options less than $500 for the entire course – making it the lowest priced and most affordable training of this kind ever offered.
We are offering a special discount to Permaculture Design Course Graduates, Aquaponics Course Graduates, Aquaponics CSA Members, and college students for only $425!
Permaculture & Aquaponics
By fusing Permaculture and Aquaponics truly sustainable closed loop systems are created that provide all the needs for the system with in the system itself. Max Meyer focus is on aquaponics systems that that produce virtually all of the system’s needs (water, energy, fish, feed, heat, gas, etc.) onsite! Products of the Meyers systems include; Solar electricity, Solar heated air, Solar heated water, fish, prawns, vegetables, fruit, aquatic plants, algae, minnows, snails, worms, dry and liquid fertilizers, even methane gas!
For questions and more information regarding the course
e-mail: aquaponics or
call: (530) 918-8399
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation