Closed-Loop Aquaponics With Applied Permaculture
We are excited to be offering another Closed-Loop Aquaponics Training this Fall, this time being held in the North Bay in Santa Rosa, CA from Sept 13-16
We are offering special discounts to this upcoming course for PDC Course Grads & College Students.
Wether you are a beginner, a backyard hobbyist, a homesteader, or a skilled professional wanting to grow more food sustainably and for less work, Aquaponics has something to offer.
Aquaponics combines Aquaculture and Hydroponics to create a more self-sufficient, closed-loop system that uses only a fraction of the water, labor, energy, etc. that other methods use, producing much more abundance in much space.
At a time of global climate change, depletion of resources, pollution of water, and huge losses of top soil worldwide, there has never been a more important time to learn about Aquaponics.
More Information below.
Together on Earth,
-The Living Mandala Team
With Applied Permaculture Design:
Backyard, Family & Commercial Systems
May 25 – 28, 2012
Arlene Francis Center for Spirit, Art & Politics, Santa Rosa, CA
Whether you are a beginner, a backyard hobbyist, a homesteader or a skilled professional wanting to start a career in Aquaponics this course has something to offer. This course is will provide you with a solid foundation, in depth information, and hands-on experience for designing and building cutting-edge Permaculture based Aquaponics Systems. Wether you want to grow food for you and your family, a small business or a fully commercial operation, this course will give you the foundational tools, information and experience you will need to support you in whatever Aquaponic endeavor you are interested in for years to come. At a time of global climate change, depletion of resources, pollution of water and huge losses of top soil worldwide, there has never been a more important time to learn about Aquaponics.
Aquaponics is one of the most sustainable and productive farming systems in the world. It combines Aquaculture and Hydroponics to create more self-sufficient, closed-loop, systems that use only a fraction of the water, labor, energy, etc. that other methods use. Combining Permaculture Design with Aquaponics creates an even more sustainable, dynamic, productive & regenerative system. In this training you will learn some of the most cutting-edge pioneering aquaponics systems and gain a solid foundation from which to create your own Aquaponics System, Farm & thriving Green Business appropriate to your climate, ecology, dreams, & desires.
- A detailed Aquaponics Course manual covering all aspects of Aquaponics including:
- Day-to-day operation of the system
- Design checklist
- Field tested formulas, calculations, estimates and guidelines.
- Complete designs, plans and materials lists.
- And much more in this nearly 100 page manuel.
NorCal Aquaponics Systems step-by-step construction manual with variations and site specific applications intended to make it easy for anyone to build an Aquaponics system. A set of detailed construction plans, including site plans, and piping schematics. Hands-On Tour of a model backyard aquaponics system.
* This training will include all of the above as well as a design element focus on how to design a system specific to your individual climate, ecology, dreams, and desires – wether it is for a small personal system or a more large scale commercial system. Our intention is to give you to give and empower you with all the most cutting-edge information we have in this promising new Green Career of the Future, and Technology of the Ancient Past.
- Aquaponics uses up to 90% less water than conventional farming does
- Aquaponics is energy efficient: It requires up to 1/3 of the energy other farming systems use.
- Aquaponics can have up to 8 to 10 times more vegetable production in the same amount of time and area than conventional gardens or farms.
- Labor can be reduced as much as 40%, while useful byproducts are created that can be used to farm other crops, trees, soil, water, and energy.
- A permaculture inspired system produces all of the systems needs (water, energy, fish feed, heat, etc.) on-site
- Site Details – Arlene Francis Center for Spirit, Art & Politics
Permaculture & Aquaponics
By fusing Permaculture and Aquaponics truly sustainable closed loop systems are created that provide all the needs for the system with in the system itself. Max Meyer focus is on aquaponics systems that that produce virtually all of the system’s needs (water, energy, fish, feed, heat, gas, etc.) onsite! Products of the Meyers systems include; Solar electricity, Solar heated air, Solar heated water, fish, prawns, vegetables, fruit, aquatic plants, algae, minnows, snails, worms, dry and liquid fertilizers, even methane gas!
For questions and more information regarding the course
e-mail: aquaponics or
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation