2013 Permaculture & Transition Convergence – Oct 11 – 13, Solar Living Institute
Join us for the 2013 Northern California Permaculture & Transition Convergence: Building Resilient Communities, October 11-14, 2013 at the beautiful Solar Living Institute in Hopland, CA. (2 hours north of San Francisco).
This fun and fantastic Convergence will bring together the best of the NorCal Permaculture Convergence and the NorCal Regional Transition Network Conference for an action-packed weekend designed to interweave and up level our combined efforts towards building a movement of community resilience. www.transitiontopermaculture.org
With keynotes speakers, workshops, & panel discussions from leading resilience thinkers and doers; a model resilient community; live music; camping; child and youth programming; and plenty of opportunities for co-inspiration and cross-pollination… the Building Resilient Communities Convergence will bring together leaders, permaculture designers, transition organizers, activists, young people, homesteaders, designers, social entrepreneurs, and others who are passionate about shifting the paradigm and joining together to cross-pollinate, skill-up, synergize and celebrate!
- KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: Rob Hopkins – Transition Network Movement Founder, John Trudell – Native American Activist, Poet, Speaker, Konda Mason – Hub Oakland – Co-Founder and CEO, Richard Heindberg – author, Post Carbon Institute Senior Fellow, Andy Lipkus – TreePeople founder and president, Doria Robinson – Urban Tilth Executive Director, Julia Butterfly Hill, Penny Livingston-Stark and more
- WORKSHOPS: Workshops from some of Northern California’s most rocking community organizations and educators like Daily Acts, Bay Localize, Living Mandala, Urban Tilth, Movement Generation, Permaculture Artisans, Regenerative Design Institute, Generation Waking-Up and many more
- CONTENT TRACKS: Urban Resiliency, REconomy, Transition & Permaculture, Community Organizing, Skill Shares, Movement & Capacity Building, Open Space, Youth Programs
- SKILL SHARES: DIY skills in permaculture, natural building, new economy, clean energy, food production, herbal medicine, environmental justice, community organizing, systems-thinking, healing, and more
- YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: Youth leadership programming co-organized by Generation Waking Up
- KIDS CONVERGENCE / CHILDCARE: Family friendly event! Bring your kids to the Kids Convergence offering chilcare + a creative, fun, educational experience.
- BIOREGIONAL NETWORKING: connect with old friends, cross-pollinate, and make new connections with other allies doing the work
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Community kitchen, affordable local cuisine, and a Saturday evening Harvest Banquet Feast!
- MARKETPLACE: a model resilience community as we create a community commons marketplace and township on-site
- MUSIC & DANCING: Community Barn Dance & Dance Party with live music from Juliane Trio, Dogon Lights, DJ Dragonfly, Zion Lion + the Ultimate Permaculture Transition Passion Show!
- ON-SITE CAMPING: with after-hours magic at the beautiful and whimsically sustainable Solar Living Institute
The Convergence is a unique opportunity for all of us who dream of a more sustainable and resilient future to come together from diverse backgrounds and habitats to share, explore and practice strategies to build the capacity and interconnection of our initiatives and to further empower our common visions becoming a reality. Whether you are a seasoned permaculturalist, a transition town activist, a community organizer, or just excited to learn about a new way of living in greater harmony with people and the planet… this event is something for you!
Register Now! Early Bird Special Only Until Sept 30th!
Tickets Available Here: http://transitiontopermaculture.org/registration-2/get-tickets/
We hope you will join us for this special community gathering.
Towards Resilient Communities,
– The Living Mandala Team
About the Convergence: Building Resilient Communities
WHO: This gathering is bringing together permaculture designers, transition initiative organizers, sustainability enthusiasts, ctivists, young people, homesteaders, social entrepreneurs, farmers, ecovillagers, and a variety of active individuals, organizations, and communities in Northern California, the West Coast, and beyond.
WHAT: Building Resilient Communities Convergence is a combined effort of the 9th Northern California Permaculture Convergence and the 2nd Northern California Regional Transition Town Conference. The gathering will feature a number of different workshops, speakers, skill-shares, collaborative discussions, children’s activities, educational displays, and specialized vendors. It will generate physical outcomes, strategies, and implementation plans that will guide our actions and activities into the future.
WHY: A weekend of intensive focus on a common goal: to build resilient local communities, design habitats and economic systems, in accordance with nature, for humans, plants, animals, our greater bioregion, and the Earth.
HOW: Practitioners across a wide-spectrum of skill-sets exchange ideas through concurrent workshops and discussions including themes of Permaculture & Transition concepts, movement and capacity building, community organizing, regenerative enterprise and local economy, re-skilling, urban resiliency, and much more. In addition to a plethora of workshops and amazing speakers on a diversity of topics, there will also music and live entertainment, collaborative discussions, amazing networking, children’s activities, next generation youth education, educational displays, a market place with specialist vendors, and more.
WHERE: The Convergence will be held at the The Solar Living Institute (SLI) – a nonprofit solar training and sustainability organization with the mission of “Promoting sustainable living through inspirational environmental education”. Founded in 1998, SLI has been providing professional solar training and a wide array of sustainability courses for over 15 years. The Institute manages the Solar Living Center, a 12-acre renewable energy and sustainable living demonstration site that is visited by 200,000 people annually. The site includes organic gardens, ponds, natural buildings, biodesiel fueling station, Real Goods Store, and the Solar 2000 – one of northern California’s largest solar arrays providing 160,000 kWh of clean renewable energy annually.
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformationwww.LivingMandala.com
Building Resilient Communities
Northern California Permaculture & Transition ConvergenceOct 11-13, 2013
Solar Living Institute, Hopland, CA